This great feature adds easy to use notification bars to the top or bottom of your website pages. You can make as many as you like. Three of these bars are ready to go with preloaded content but all are fully customizable with your own message and images. They automatically link to contact forms, or “squeeze pages” you can create, so you can capture your visitors email, build your mailing lists and follow up! Here’s a link to the homepage of our demo site where you can see a Heads-Up bar appear which is customized to showcase our unique emoVite feature.
- Customizable color schemes
- Create multiple bars, as many as you want.
- No limit on bar height, it will just fit your content
- No limit to the amount of text or links in a bar
- Add images to bar
- Can use “shortcodes” in bar
- If there is more than one bar then the bars will display randomly
- Schedule when your bars show up by setting a start and end date.
- The Bar can be set to expire on a specified date
- The Bar can be set to start on a specified date
- The Bar can be set to run between specified dates
- Choose where to display bars:
- Choose between the top or the bottom of a page to display your bar
- Display on all pages
- Display only on the interior pages of your website
- Display only on the home page
- Allow your users to hide or show the Heads Up Bar
First “Activate” the Heads Up Bar premium feature. Click on the “Premium Feature” menu on your dashboard. Look for Easy Heads Up Bar in the list; if this feature is part of your current package, click on the “Activate” link below the title. If the feature is not part of your current package, you will see a red text link indicating the lowest level package that includes the feature. You can click on the red link and upgrade your package at any time.You will now have a Heads Up Menu on your dashboard. Click on the menu and you will be brought to a list of existing bars (just like your blog posts list). Here you should find the 3 bars that we have already created for you to get started. (Note, if you do not have these bars in your list, please submit a Support ticket using our Support System on your dashboard and we will install for you). You can edit these bars by clicking the title of the bar and you can change it in anyway that you want.
Editing or creating a new bar is as simple as writing a blog post but there are a few custom options such as colors, which pages they are displayed on, location of bar on the page either top or bottom. See image illustration below.
When you are finished, make sure that you publish to activate now or put in draft status to be used in the future.